Thursday, November 03, 2005

How should the poem end? - You decide!

Once again Angry Chimp is putting the power back into your hands (in a tiny, limited way).

The epic poem 'The Thing by the river' (which started here and is currently here) is coming to a close - only another 3 installments to go. The final installment will take a direction which you will decided.

If you want the Thing to leave his home, and finally explore the woodland, sniff some glue and generally have a good time in the sunshine, say "YES - LET MY THINGY GO!"

If, on the other hand you demand that he stays in his hole, gets increasingly withdrawn, becomes unable to communicate in social situations and spends the majority of his time playing with himself, say "NO - I WANT TO KEEP HOLD OF MY THING!"

Voting closes sometime tomorrow (ish).

19 comments:

Sniffy said...

The latter option sounds a bit like what I do and that's really rather dull, so it'd be nice to:

Let my Thingy go! to see how he fares in the great and scary outdoors. Let's just hpoe he doesn't end up in the cellar at the Strangeways'.

Herge Smith said...

I was going to mention the similarity, then decided better of it.

The Strangeways...hmm... whatever happened to that?

Sniffy said...

Who can think whatever happened to that?

Great work, btw, I've been enjoying it immensely. Thank you.

Karen said...

Let thingy go!

Herge Smith said...

What? Strangeways or this here poetry bollocks?

Sniffy said...

I've really enjoyed how you've worked this poetry. Trying things like this would really make my head hurt A LOT.

I like Strangeways too of course.

Herge Smith said...

Tar, do you think I should post some more stupid poetry after this?

I have more... none are about sunsets and love, some are about my pumps and serial killers.

Whatdya think?

Sniffy said...

Oh yes please!!!!!

Anonymous said...

NO - I want to keep hold of my thing!

thordora said...

LET MY THINGY GO!

Rowan said...

YES - LET MY THINGY GO

Rowan said...

yes, post more pweeeezzzzee Hergey?

M said...

Let my Thingy go!!!

I want to see what kinds of trouble he gets himself into. :-o

garfer said...

Let my Thingy go!
He can sniff glue and run amok with a chainsaw...or summat.

M said...

Poetry!! If you got it, write it!!!

Anonymous said...

No - I want to keep hold of my Thing!

Sigh. I feel used.

ginonymous said...

thank you for this exercise of my tiny power..please oh please, let my thingy go!

Faltanus said...

let's be honest, he's too far gone now for freedom to do any good for the thing. So my vote is:

no no no, i want to keep hold of my thingy!

Peevish McSnark said...

Let my thingy go!