Saturday, August 13, 2005

It’s over to you...

Next Friday (19th) I am handing over the reins of Angry Chimp to you, my beloved visitors.

What I would like, is for those of you that want to, to create a post based on the stuff I have been doing here for the past 7 months. (Sorry, that got a bit Tony Blair there for a minute).

So, for example, you may want to put your own words into the voice synthesizer of Dalek or the mouth of Borg, or you’d like to have a go at a ‘We love eachother’ (either a new couple, or an existing couple).

If so, then go for it.

Maybe there’s a topic you want discussed on ‘What’s yr take on’ or have an itching for a deleted scene from Star Wars that I’ve missed out or not covered (Mr Dix, I will finally be publishing one of you many great suggestions), is there a limerick which deserves to be aired? Or perhaps you would like Wyndham to finally stretch his legs...

It is up to you.

Seriously, if you have been increasingly frustrated by the direction Angry Chimp's being going in, now is your opportunity to stop the rot (temporarily).

Obviously, I will retain editorial control – and have set some guidelines for this event -

1. I will not print something if it is blatantly funnier than my stuff.
2. I will be inserting spelling and grammatical errors in accordance with my own lazyexia.
3. Dalek material will be attracting preferential treatment.
4. The penguin type creature from Strangeways is out of bounds – I will not have anyone disrespect Edward Gorey on this blog. (Other than me.)
5. No original work please – goodness knows I’ve strived to avoid original work for the past 7 months, I’m not about to allow any on my blog now.
6. Submissions by Thursday evening-ish; around tea time (6pm-ish
GMT)
7. Everyone is welcome - old and new visitors alike.


What do you need to do?

It’s simple really, you can either:

A. Send me a written explanation of your idea, which I will then add the required graphics.

Or...

B. Create your own text and graphics, which I will then simply drop into the blog (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!)

So, get thinking – and send your suggestions to hergesmith@yahoo.co.uk

(If you need any help please don’t hesitate to give me a shout.)

P.S. If next Friday it is business as usual here, this will mean no one actually suggested an idea and I am just pretending this post never happened. In which case, please don't mention it - it'll only upset me.

Have fun.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let the floodgates open...!!!

Herge Smith said...

Gawd, I hope people come up with ideas, otherwise this could be a little bit embarrassing.

Anonymous said...

Might be a collaborative effort between edwaado and myself...

Spirit Of Owl said...

I'm in. I'll wipe the grin off that bloody Dave's smug face...

Matt said...

If I can hedge the floodgates of cool Japanese horror flicks coming my way, I might just give it a try.

Sniffy said...

I know what I've got planned, although it's probably pretty lame... we'll see.

Thanks for this Herge, it's a great idea and might even become a regular slot once a month or something?

thordora said...

hmmmmm....

oh sweet revenge on my idiot boss here I come...

as adding "puffins" to the "things we need" list on his wipeboard wasn't enough...

MoMo said...

i'd do the dalek thing but i've no idea how to do the graphics.
yep - i'm that lame.

Sniffy said...

Does this mean that you're putting your feet up for the entire week then or what?

Herge Smith said...

No, I'm just a bit hungover.

Plus, I want to make sure all the regulars see this - I will be hassling all week.

I have already had stuff from newbie but goodie Invisible Lizard and the lovely MHN for short.

So get working.

Sniffy said...

Yes, i need to set up some photo-shoots later on then.

How dare you be hungover in front of an alcoholic - you insensitive cunt.

Nobody Special said...

Awww, I'm not going to be here to contribute. I'll console myself with the knowledge that I have at least chipped in (albeit in a very minor way in the past). The first time I commented, in fact, that's how great I am!

Sniffy said...

Not you to be big-headed, Trill.

Seriously, it's not. She's usually the epitome of modesty, except for her cleavage, but I'm not complaining about that.

L said...

heh heh. even this post on the rules is way funnier that 99% of the other blogs out there...

M said...

You know it, I!

M said...

Thanks for the compliment Herge!

Herge Smith said...

Thanks L.

I only speak the truth MHN

M said...

You are like the Magical Sitar in Moulin Rouge! "I only speak the truth, I only speak the truth!"