Saturday, August 27, 2005

WE LOVE EACH OTHER - The Guardian Magazine 27/08/05

Reprinted with no permission from The Guardian Weekend Suppliment 27/08/05

we love each other 270805
THE WEEKEND MAGAZINE: Money can't buy me sanity


Richard & Irina Porter


Richard I have Beatle pants; John Lennon’s face on my penis and Ringo Starr’s head on my arse. They were of course the single greatest cultural achievement of human kind. I am not exaggerating. Last year I corresponded with a man in the Iowa state correctional facility in the USA who had an envelope that George Harrison had once licked. I traded a few hours with our 7-year-old daughter Eleanor for it. She is more of Sutcliffe fan, so it was only fair.

Irina I do not like the Beatles. Of course, this is acute obsessive-compulsive disorder, which in his case manifests itself as an obsession with this particular beat combo, and an intensely overrated one at that. The incident with our daughter was his most extreme act to date. He claims he loves me for who I am, a simple girl from Georgia, but I think it might have more to do with the fact that Paul fingered me in a mop closet when I worked as a staff nurse at the hospice that cared for Linda. Craig Taylor

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty good, and then that last sentence...!

You're back alright.

Karen said...

Grosssss! GROSS!

Dream Owl said...

WOW
that's scary

garfer said...

Most disrespectful to the late Linda. Suitably crude about the ghastly Macca.
Masterful.

Rowan said...

but I think it might have more to do with the fact that Paul fingered me in a mop closet when I worked as a staff nurse at the hospice that cared for LOL! highly amusing!

Sniffy said...

It just HAD to be that photo of McCartney, didn't it? JeZUSS!

More of a Sutcliffe fan, that's rather disturbing.